View Guide


What's the deal with RICA?


What does RICA have to do with mobile data products, what do you need to RICA your mobile product?

All mobile data products require a SIM card, just like the one in your cell phone In terms of the RICA act whenever any SIM card, either a new or replacement, must be RICA registered before it can be activated.  The following information and supporting documents are required to RICA register a SIM card.


o MSISDN Number [0823776636] of the sim
o Valid SA ID or Passport
o Proof of Residence. (This MUST be a physical address and NOT a PO Box number.)
• If the SIM card is registered in a business name then the following additional documents are required: (Any one of the following documentation)
o Trust deed (in respect of Trusts)
o Letter of Authority issued by the Company / Master (in respect of Trusts)
o CK1 (in respect of Close Corporations)
o CK2 (in respect of Close Corporations)
o CM1 (for Companies) OR a SARS document
o Valid ID or Passport (of authorised person)
o Proof of Residence (of company/trust)

Background Color:
Background Pattern: