by Han Cilliers (Lola) Posted Monday, June 09, 2014 10:50:00 AM
Linkin Park is extending their genius from music to mobile gaming with the purpose to "highlight the problems of energy poverty and promote better management and use of our planet‘s resources." The legendary rock band teamed up with Swiss games company Kuuluu Interactive Entertainment AG to develop Linkin Park Recharge – Wastelands, a third person action shooter with tactical elements for the iPad. Players will also get exclusive access to the song "Wastelands" prior to the launch of Link Park's new album, "The Hunting Party", which releases later this month. Linkin Park Recharge – Wastelands offers an engaging and challenging mobile experience with superb graphics and gameplay.
"Linkin Park Recharge - Wastelands is a third person action shooter with tactical elements set in the not too distant future. The Earth is a barren desert. Its people have exhausted all the planet’s natural resources through their insatiable appetite for more. Society and the few remaining energy stores are now under the control of machines, the Hybrids, and an elite minority.
As a member of a specialized resistance unit, the player will fight through hostile territory and complete missions through judicious use of resources. The enemies are the "Hybrids," a race of genetically engineered bio-mechanical androids who rule over the post-apocalyptic planet. The player will travel through the hostile wastelands on different missions with the aim of depriving the Hybrids of the energy they so badly need.
When beaten, some Hybrids will relinquish rare and powerful equipment and valuable crystals, the currency of the Resistance.
More than just a game
Players will put their tactical skills to the test in over 50 missions, and compete against friends to rise up the online leaderboards. Linkin Park, also appearing as game characters in Linkin Park Recharge - Wastelands, wants to do more than simply entertain. The band is aiming to highlight the problems of energy poverty and promote better management and use of our planet‘s resources. Founded in 2005, the non-profit organization Music For Relief supports victims of natural disasters and projects for clean energy. The Power The World program also aims to help people for whom inadequate energy supply has a negative impact on health, education, safety and general quality of life."
- Unlock songs from the new Linkin Park Album as you play
- Challenge yourself with highly tactical gameplay that will surely test your skills
- No In-App Purchases needed to complete the game
- No internet connection required
- Connect to the internet and get the latest updates and new game features - automatically
- 100+ different items, just waiting to be found
- Accomplish 60+ goals, each with its own reward
- Win epic loot with the Replicator-Slot-Machine
- Sell your loot for Crystals to buy even more epic equipment in the shop
- Over 50 Missions to explore
- Optional Online-Leaderboards show you how much your friends have recharged and how you compare to other players around the world
- Use your Power Glove and Element Attacks tactically to execute massive combos
- Drain your enemies of their power
- Recharge the world with the energy you reclaim
- Make a name for yourself in the Resistance, and reap the rewards
- Play as the band-members of Linkin Park
Linkin Park Recharge - Wastelands is available for download on the App Store for the iPad for $2,99 R31.60. In-App Purchases are available but can be disabled through your iPad settings. The latest version of iOS is recommended. Explore the Wastelands in a fast-paced oldschool action game.
Han’s Twitter / MWEB GameZone Twitter | Facebook
Other News from Around the 'Net:
Please note that the opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and not MWEB Connect (Pty) Ltd
comments powered by