PLEASE NOTE: These product or service specific terms and conditions must always be read together
General Terms and Conditions, which will always apply to your use of this
product or service.
MWEB Norton Security Terms and Conditions
- Please note that your use of the Service is governed by the terms and conditions
set out herein, together with our General Terms and Conditions (“the Terms”). Before
using the Service in any way whatsoever, you must read and ensure your understanding
of and unconditional agreement to all of the Terms. Use of the Service implies your
acceptance without modification of all of the Terms and will constitute a legal
agreement between you and MWEB Connect (Pty) Ltd (“MWEB”). If you do not agree to
all of the Terms, you may not use the Service.
- MWEB reserves the right to update or revise the Terms from time to time on notice
to you. The updated or revised version of the Terms will be displayed on the Website
together with the date on which it will become effective. Please check the Terms
periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service following the posting
of any changes to the Terms constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
- Unless the context clearly indicates the contrary, any term defined in the General
Terms and Conditions when used herein, shall bear the same meaning as defined in
the General Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent that there is any contradiction between the General Terms and Conditions
and these terms the following order of precedence shall apply: (i) these terms;
and (ii) the General Terms and Conditions.
In these terms, unless the context clearly shows a contrary intention:
- "Fee" means the amount charged by MWEB for the Service as provided for in clause
- "Norton Security" means the owner and licensor of the Software, being ©1995 - 2014
Symantec Corporation, as identified on the Norton Security Website;
- "Norton Security Website" means http://za.norton.com;
- "Service" means the provisioning of the Software by us to you;
- "Software" means the Norton Security product/s as selected by you;
- "Supported Devices" means the compatible devices as specified by Norton Security
on the Norton Security Website at http://za.norton.com/norton-mobile-security/,
but excludes Blackberry and Windows devices;
- "Website" means http://www.mweb.co.za.
- Requirements for the use of the Software
- You are required to have the Supported Device/s and minimum system requirements
as defined by Norton Security for their Norton Security suite in place. Such requirements
are found on the Norton Security Website which is located at
- You are required to download the Software via a link sent to you by MWEB via email
- You are required to install the Software correctly. MWEB disclaims any and all liability
for incorrectly installed Software.
- Provision of the Service
- You will get access to the Service within 72 hours from the Activation Date.
- You are required to register on the Norton Security Website and insert the license
key after you have installed the Software on your Supported Device to enable you
to use the Software.
- The agreement between us for the provisioning of the Service will be renewed on
a month-to-month basis.
- You will receive automatic updates on a regular basis, subject to the condition
that you maintain an active Internet connection.
- Terms and Conditions of Use
Your use of the Service is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The Software may only be downloaded and installed on your Supported Device/s.
- The download, installation or use of the Software may cause other utilities to be
automatically removed or disabled and you will assume the risk for all damages,
losses and expenses associated with the removal of such other utilities.
- The Software and Service is made available to you for your personal use only and
it may not be distributed, re-distributed, sold, re-sold, leased, rented, lent,
licensed or sub-licensed, copied, modified or altered in any way.
- You may not reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software or any part
- You may not permit any third party to benefit from the use or functionality of the
Software, via timesharing, service bureau or any other arrangement.
- You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained thereon.
- The rights granted to you herein constitute a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence
and not a transfer of title.
- You will be required to accept and agree to the Norton Security standard terms and
conditions when downloading and installing the Software. As part of the process
of accepting the Norton Security standard terms and conditions you may be required
to go through a registration process, to use the Service; wherein you will need
to disclose personal information which Norton Security may distribute to other third
parties. MWEB has no control over this process and accordingly cannot be held liable
should you suffer any damage as a result of such registration process and Norton
Security standard terms and conditions.
- Fees and Payment
- We will charge the Fee to your MWEB account in advance on the first day of each
calendar month. You will not be charged a Fee during the first month in which the
Service is activated.
- You can download the Software onto Supported Devices however the license key which is required to activate the
Software will only work on your Norton Security account accessible from the Norton
- MWEB reserves the right to increase the Fee on 30 (thirty) days’ notice to you.
- You will effect payment of all Fees due to us as contemplated herein.
- Should you fail to make payment of the Fee to us as contemplated herein we will
be entitled to act in accordance with clause 8.5 of the General Terms and Conditions
and you will not be able to use the Service. You will accordingly not be protected
against new and emerging threats.
- Termination and Cancellation
- MWEB reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the whole or any part
of the Service due to non-payment by you and/or if you are in breach of the Terms
without notice to you, whereupon your access to and use of the Service shall automatically
- In the event of a termination for whatever reason you will have the option to purchase
a software license directly from a Norton Security supplier, such license and contractual
relationship to lie between you and such supplier directly.
- Disclaimer for Download, Installation and Use
- The Software is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, either expressed
or implied, including but not limited, to merchantability or fitness for a particular
purpose or non-infringement, compatibility and security.
- The downloading, installation and use of the Software is done entirely at your own
discretion and risk. You assume full responsibility for any damage to your Supported
Device/s or loss of data resulting from the downloading, installation and/or of
the Software. No advice or information, either written or oral, from MWEB to you
will constitute any warranty of any nature.
- In no event shall MWEB or its suppliers be liable to you or any third party for
any damages whatsoever relating to your downloading, installing or use of the Software
and Service, including without limitation, any direct, indirect, special, incidental,
consequential or punitive damages, arising out of loss of data or profits whether
we were expressly advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
- Without limiting the foregoing, we will not be liable for:
- any malfunction, or other failure of the Software, for whatever reason;
- any loss or damage with regard to data or other data directly or indirectly caused
by viruses or destructive code on the Software or on our supplier systems or negligence
on our part; and
- any event over which we have no direct control.
- We licensed the Software from the owner of the Software, through an authorised reseller.
- MWEB does not warrant that the Software will be error-free or free from interruption
- You hereby acknowledge that the Software may not be or become available due to any
number of factors including without limitation periodic system maintenance, scheduled
or unscheduled, acts of God, technical failure of the Software, telecommunications
infrastructure, the Internet, or disruption. Therefore MWEB expressly disclaims
any express or implied warranty regarding system and/or Software availability, accessibility,
- Under no circumstances and under no legal claim, whether in tort, contract or otherwise,
shall MWEB, or its suppliers, licensors, distributors, partners (collectively “partners”),
successors or assigns, be liable to you or any other person for any indirect, incidental,
consequential or special damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages
for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information,
loss of goodwill; work stoppage; hardware or Software failure, or other pecuniary
loss) arising out of the use or inability to use the Software, even if such party
has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- In no event will MWEB’s total liability to you for all damages in any one or more
cause of action, whether in contract, delict or otherwise exceed the Fee paid by
you for the Service.
- The provision in 8.9 shall be enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by applicable
- Norton Security will, from the Activation Date, provide support related to the Software.
All support for problems related to the Software can be found at
- Except if specifically agreed in these terms, nothing places any obligation on MWEB
with regard to the maintenance and support of the Software.