With your iBurst equipment you should have the following:
- Installation CD
- iBurst device
Before plugging in your iBurst modem, first install the contents of the Installation CD. The CD will install the iBurst Dashboard and modem drivers.
Important: If you do not have the Installation CD or if you are reinstalling your iBurst device, please install the new and improved MWEB (iBurst) Dashboard instead. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Click here and save the new Dasbhoard installation package to your desktop. (The size is 48,7 MB.)
- When you have downloaded the package, right-click on it and select "Extract All".
- Double-click on the extracted folder, and double-click on the folder inside it.
- Finally, double-click on the file called setup and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
What is the iBurst Dashboard?
The iBurst Dashboard is software that gives you:
- The ability to connect to the Internet through iBurst.
- 1-click access to sites that will ease your Web experience, such as buying a Booster online.
Installing iBurst Dashboard
If you are reinstalling iBurst, you need to uninstall the previous installation before you can install it again.
- Close all open applications on your PC.
- Double-click on the provided setup file (either in the downloaded package or a new installation CD).
- The installation should begin automatically.
Once the installation has begun this window will appear -- click on Next to continue.
Please read through the End User Licence Agreement carefully and select l accept the licence agreement then select Next to continue.
Once you have read the information on this screen, select Next.
You can now enter information regarding yourself (this is optional). You can also choose to give everyone who uses your PC access to the iBurst service, or to restrict it to your profile only. Click Next to continue.
On this screen you are presented with the location on your hard drive where the MWEB Dashboard will be installed. We recommend you leave this unchanged. Select Next to continue.
Fill in your username and password, as supplied to you by MWEB when you signed up for iBurst. Your username should be in the format of an e-mail address, e.g. email@example.com
Tick "Install Modem Drivers", then tick the driver corresponding to your iBurst device, and click Next:
If you are confident that the information you have entered is correct, select Next to begin the installation. If you are unsure, you can select Back to go back through the setup screens to make sure.
Once you have clicked Next, you will see a progress bar, following which you will see the driver install screen. Click the Next button:
Please read through the Licence Agreement carefully and select I accept the terms of the licence agreement, then select Next to continue with the driver installation:
At the end of the process, please restart your computer when prompted to do so.
Plug in your modem
Once your computer has restarted you can plug the iBurst modem into your computer.
To open your MWEB Dashboard, double-click the MWEB icon in your System Tray (at the bottom-right of your screen, next to the clock). You should now be able to connect to the Internet.
For further assistance, click the question mark in the left-hand panel of your MWEB Dashboard.
« Connecting to the Internet
« Back to iBurst