With your 3G Router you should receive the following:
- Linksys 3G router
- Antenna and stand
- Power adapter
- 2 network cables
- Setup CD
The box also contains a useful "Read me first" brochure, which explains how to use the router's Setup CD. A Quick Installation Guide can also be found on the CD.
- Insert the supplied Setup CD into the computer (desktop or laptop) you intend to connect the router to. It must have an Ethernet (network) port or card.
- Run the Setup CD and follow the prompts.
You will be prompted to choose one of the following connection methods:
- 3G/UMTS or GPRS
Select this option if you intend on connecting to the Internet only using 3G or HSDPA.
- Broadband WAN Only
Select this option if you do not intend to use 3G or HSDPA to connect to the Internet. For example if you are only using the router to setup a Wi-Fi hotspot and will connect to the Internet using ADSL or some other broadband connection.
- Broadband WAN and 3G/UMTS or GPRS
Select this option if you intend to connect to the Internet using 3G or HSDPA as well as another broadband connection such as ADSL.
You will be able to change your options later.
- If you do not intend to connect to the Internet using 3G or HSDPA skip to step 10.
- Insert your 3G Data into the router, as shown on the setup screen.
- Connect your Internet hardware as shown on the next setup screens.
- Follow the prompts until you reach Screen 8: Configure Vodafone 3G/UMTS or GPRS Services.
Make sure that your settings are as follows:
||3G / UMTS Preferred
|3G / UMTS / GPRS Connection
||the 4-digit PIN for your SIM card
|DNS supplied by Network
||make sure this option is ticked
- Select Next button and follow the prompts.
At Configure Cable or DHCP Settings, you can choose between the following Broadband WAN connection methods:
- Cable (DHCP) - if you will connect to a LAN where your computer IP is assigned automatically
- DSL (PPPOE) - if you will connect via ADSL
- Static IP - if you do not wish to be assigned an IP dynamically
These are optional, additional access methods unrelated to your 3G connection
Follow the prompts to set your router’s admin password and Wireless network settings.
For security reasons, you must change the default username and password for your router, and enable security for your router's Wi-Fi feature.
- When you have reached the final step select Exit.
- To connect to the Internet via 3G / HSDPA select the 3G/UMTS button on your router. Select the same button later when you want to disconnect.
To modify your settings, go to the following address in your Web browser: http://192.168.1.1. When prompted for your username and password, use the login details that you specified when you ran the Setup CD.
« Back to Vodacom 3G / HSDPA