Once you have received your 3G equipment and your MWEB account has been activated, follow these steps to get connected to the Internet:
- Insert the "Vodafone Mobile Connect" Dashboard Setup CD into your laptop's CD/DVD drive. The setup process should begin automatically; simply follow the prompt
- Take note of the 4 digit PIN code provided.
- Insert the 3G Data Card into your laptop computer when prompted.
- When prompted to select your service, select Prefer 3G, but also allow GPRS network. This will ensure that if you move outside a metropolitan area, for example, you will still be able to access the Internet.
- Finish the installation of the Vodafone Mobile Connect Dashboard software by typing in your four-digit PIN.
- Click the OK button.
You will now be able to use your Vodafone Mobile Connect Dashboard software.
- Click the Mobile button in the top-left corner of the Vodafone Mobile Connect Dashboard to connect to the Internet.
- To disconnect, click the Mobile button again.
It is important to disconnect your 3G or 3G with HSDPA connection when you are done to ensure that no data is transferred unnecessarily.
« Back to Vodacom 3G / HSDPA