Activate your SIM card
The package you received should include both your 3G modem and 3G SIM card. In order for your modem to work, this SIM card must first be activated - please phone 021 596 8883. Have the following information ready:
* your IMEI number (check the outside of the modem box)
* your SIM card number (supplied with the SIM card)
Activation should take no longer than 24 hours, following which you will be able to connect to the Internet using your MTN modem.
Set up your modem
- Insert the SIM card into the modem.
- Attach the modem to your computer.
- The MTN F@stLink software and modem drivers will now be installed automatically (if you are a Mac user, please use the supplied CD ROM).
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
At the end of the installation process, insert a tick mark next to "Launch Data Card on Windows start up" (see below).
Connect to the Internet
Open your MTN F@stlink software and click the Connect button:
Once you are connected, you will be able to surf the Web and send/receive e-mail.
Be sure to disconnect from the Internet when you have finished surfing or e-mailing. To do this, click the Disconnect button in your MTN F@stlink software:
« Back to MTN 3G / HSDPA