E-mail : Configuring your iPhone
Important: E-mail setup on an iPhone differs from other cellphones. Please use the instructions on this page to set up your iPhone or iPod Touch to manage your MWEB e-mail.
- If this is the first time you are setting up an e-mail account on your iPhone, tap Mail. Otherwise, tap the following in sequence: Settings -- Mail, Contacts , Calendars -- Add Account.
- To set up your MWEB mailbox, tap Other.
- Under mail, select 'Add Mail Account'
- Next, fill in your information:
- Name -- your name; this will identify you in the mails you send
- Email -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password -- your e-mail password
- Description -- e.g. "My MWEB mail"
- Tap Next.
- Now select the server type -- this can be either POP or IMAP (IMAP is preferable if you want to leave mail on server for later retrieval by your computer's regular e-mail software), and enter your account information.
- The next step is to fill in your Incoming Mail Server details:
- Host Name -- either imap.mweb.co.za or pop3.mweb.co.za (depending on whether you selected IMAP or POP as your mail server type)
- Fill in your e-mail username and password as required.
- Next, type in your Outgoing Mail (SMTP) server details:
- Host Name -- smtp.mweb.co.za
- Fill in your mweb username and password as required.
- Tap Next again.
- You will now be returned to the Mail Settings screen. You may be prompted to use SSL -- if so, tap the No button. Alternatively, if a message appears saying that SSL was not found and asking you whether you want to continue, tap the Yes button.
Your iPhone should now be set up to download and send your MWEB e-mail.
« Back to E-mail