Mind Sports South Africa (MSSA) released its 2013 events calendar, video games to be played and hosts. The MSSA is an affiliate of the South African Confederation of Sport and Olympic Committee. This means, the MSSA is the only organisation in South Africa that is recognised by the government as the authority on video games. Members of the MSSA compete to receive Protea colours and legally represent South Africa as eSports athletes at local and international events.
2013 Calendar of events
Dates still to be allocated
- Online Schools StarCraft II Championships
- Online StarCraft II Championships
- Regional Championships – for all periods for all regions, please remember that a Regional event cannot be held on the same date as a Provincial event (in the same province) and a National event. Member clubs must bid.
- Online Championships – for all online games
Approved games for Provincial and National Championships
- Where internet access allows, CS GO shall be played instead of CS 1.6
- The version of StarCraft II to be played will be the version as used by the IeSF.
- Where internet access allows, DotA 2 shall be played instead of DDotA
Approved games for School League, Provincial and National Championships
Facebook | Twitter | firstname.lastname@example.org / PolarfluKe
MWEB GameZone wishes all the participants many happy frags for 2013, we will continue to cover the events and support the endeavours of the MSSA. We acknowledge the MSSA for the vital role it plays in the development of eSports, and we thank the organisation for its continued efforts.
Han’s Twitter | Blog / MWEB Gamezone Twitter | Facebook
Other News from Around the 'Net:
Please note that the opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and not MWEB Connect (Pty) Ltd