The virtual playground unanimously agrees, Far Cry 3 is the shooter of the year and today is launch day. Call in sick, drop the kids at grans, do whatever you have to, it’s time to descent into madness with Jason Brody. Let’s take a look at the Specials, UPlay, the Face Your Insanity app and the specs.
Far Cry 3 Collector’s Item: “Insane Edition”
- A 12cm Vaas Wahine with bobble head!
- The Lost Expeditions -Two suspenseful action packed missions totaling over 40 minutes of additional gameplay and an exclusive weapon (The Japanese gun)
- Monkey Business - Discover Hurk, a new memorable character and quest giver, and his four unique missions.
- The Hunter Pack – The M700 hunting rifle and its three collector’s skins.
- The Warrior Pack - A handcrafted dagger and two exclusive tribal tattoos.
- The Predator Pack - Four exclusive rare predators and a multiplayer bow.
- An ‘Insanity Guide’ containing hints and tips to help you survive the island A survival kit.
Stores (if you order any Far Cry product before 30 December you receive R141 voucher on your next UPlay purchase)
- Order directly from Ubisoft here, R704
- Takealot, R702 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, shipping included
- Kalahari.net, R750 (currently out of stock)
Far Cry 3 Day One Edition: “Lost Expeditions”
- Discover The Forgotten World War 2 Ruins Of The Island In 2 Exclusive Extra Missions
- Single Player - 2 Suspenseful Action Missions - Forgotten Experiment and Ignition in the Deep
- Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment:Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, Jason discovers that the only way out is through the crumbling WWII ruins. But if Jason hopes to escape, he’ll have to activate the old experiments and unleash the electric storm that could kill him.
- Mission 2: Ignition In The Deep: Inside an abandoned WWII military silo, the only thing standing between Jason and freedom are pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel. One stray bullet and the entire complex could go up in flames, forcing Jason to rely on his wits and stealth to survive.
- Multiplayer: Type 10 japanese Flare Gun
- Order directly from Ubisoft, R493
- Takealot, R540 for PlayStation 3, shipping included
- Kalahari.net, R500 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and R340 for PC
UPlay: Achievements and Awards
As with every Ubisoft game, players on all platforms will be able to earn Uplay Units by completing actions in game and redeem exclusive rewards with those Units. As an example, for Far Cry 3, player can unlock a full single player mission called ‘Testing Unit’. They can also be unlocked by using Uplay Units earned in other Ubisoft games.
Example, Survive in the wilderness and evade Pirates (First Blood achievement) and unlock the Far Cry 3 Theme reward (for PS3). For a full list of the Far Cry 3 UPlay achievements and rewards, check out the UPlay homepage here.
UPlay: Party System
Far Cry 3 is also the first game to use the new Uplay PC Party System. With the Party System, PC players can create a party by inviting their Uplay friends and team up to take on any multiplayer challenge. With the integrated Uplay friend interface, they can also find new friends and communicate in-game during the multiplayer session.
The Far Cry 3 Insanity Mirror
Players can also face their own insanity via the free mobile app Far Cry 3 Insanity Mirror, allowing you to experience a crazy conversation with yourself. Face your insanity by simply recording yourself for a few seconds and discover your own insanity! The mirror gives you a glimpse of what your insane self would be - will you dare to take a peek? You can download this freaky app from iTunes for free.
Far Cry 3 specs
- CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E6700/AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ or equivalent dual-core
- Video: Nvidia GTX8800/AMD Radeon HD2900 or equivalent 512MB DirectX 9c card
- Memory: 4GB
- CPU: Intel Core i3-530/AMD Phenom II X2 565 or equivalent quad-core
- Video: Nvidia GTX480/AMD Radeon HD5770 or equivalent 1024MB DirectX 11 card
- Memory: 4GB
- CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K/AMD Bulldozer FX4150 or equivalent quad-core
- Video: Nvidia GTX680/AMD Radeon HD7970 or equivalent shiny new DirectX 11 card
- Memory: 8GB
Other important info
Remember to check out the Critical Far Cry 3 launch day PC patch.
Far Cry 3: Twitter | Website | Facebook | YouTube | Google + | Tumblr
See you on the other side of madness.
Han’s Twitter | Blog / MWEB Gamezone Twitter | Facebook