Miner Wars 2081
, the highly anticipated survival space simulation shooter from Keen Software House finally launched. Players operate an advanced mining ship in a universe filled with intriguing storylines, co-op battles and death-match multi-player functions.
According to Marek Rosa, CEO and Creative Director for Keen Software House, Miner Wars 2081
will “push boundaries of innovation on many fronts - first by developing our own voxel engine VRAGE, allowing us to present fully destructible and persistent environment, set in an open world area containing the whole Solar System, then by polishing intuitiveness of the game controls. We believe that good gameplay starts with immersion and you achieve that only if the game reacts exactly how player expects it.”
Keen Software House plans to develop Miner Wars 2081 into a massive sprawling universe, supported with rich storylines, voice acting and an original score, “Miner Wars 2081 is just the first piece in what we want to become a large Miner Wars universe. In this first title we focused on the journey of two brothers, Marcus and Apollo Rainier. Trying to uncover what they expect to be a groundbreaking discovery leading to ancient times, they travel through the whole Solar System, visit vastly different sectors, and cooperate to fight with warring factions. In a desperate attempt Apollo is forced to seek the help of the dark side – The Fourth Reich. We believe that players will enjoy the immersion and story, which is supported by heavyweight musical lineup and professional voice acting.” Official press release Miner Wars 2081
is a 6DOF (six degrees of freedom) action-survival space-shooter simulation-game set in the year 2081, 10 years after the destruction of all planetary objects in the Solar System.
You operate an advanced mining ship in a fully destructible and open-world environment, which remains persistent as you complete missions or play online with others. Realism and survival are key aspects of gameplay. Inventory and the way you use resources such as fuel, ammunition, oxygen, ore, and weapons are important when surrounded by dozens of warring factions.
The gameplay is driven by an epic story and offers a choice of single player, co-op, and death-match multi-player. The story will introduce you to many types of missions: rescue, exploration, revenge, base defense, theft, transportation, stealth, search and destroy, pure harvesting, racing, or just flying around and destroying everything you see.
- Fully destructible and persistent (dig through asteroids, destroy space stations ...)
- Seamless transition between outdoor and indoor environments
- Full Solar System traveling (billions of sectors)
- 6DOF - six degrees of freedom
- Skill-based game
- Fast adrenaline-pumping action
- Joystick Support
Single-player / Co-op / Death-match
- Story campaign - 31 epic missions
- Mining and Exploration – Players are encouraged to explore and harvest
- Trading & Looting
- 50 weapons, armors, medicines, tools...
- 22 player ships
- RPG-like / Survival game-play
Survival & Sandbox
- Co-op multi-player up to 16 players
- Death-match multi-player up to 16 players
- Factions (Fourth Reich, Euro-American Confederation, China …)
- Devoted community which crowd-funded the development
- In-game editor
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP
- Processor: CPU: 2.0 GHz
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVidia GeForce 6 series or better, ATI Radeon R520 (X1300-X1950) or better, Intel GMA X3000 or better.
- Requires at least Pixel-Shader 3.0.
- Hard Drive:3 GB HD space
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection Additional:Network: Active internet connection required during installation and during game play!
Miner Wars 2081 is available on PC for R176 and on Xbox 360. You can download it through Steam or directly from the official website. If you want to check out the game you can download the free demo here.
Han’s Twitter | Blog / MWEB Gamezone Twitter | Facebook