As if one Pokémon GO news story isn't enough for one day! First we had the news that two features (that should've been part of the game when it initially released) will finally make it to the game, and just a few minutes ago Niantic Labs announced that the world of Pokémon GO is expanding.
The game's Pokéindex is expanding with more than 80 new Pokémon as well as female editions. Additional features will include things like new avatars, an extended wardrobe, and Pokémon that might react in some usual ways when encountered in the wild. Below are all the details, courtesy of Pokémon official.
- Additional Pokémon: More than 80 Pokémon that were originally discovered in the Johto region in the Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver video games, as well as Pokémon with gender-specific variations, will start rolling out in Pokémon GO.
- New Evolutions: There are now more opportunities to evolve your Pokémon in Pokémon GO than ever before. Some Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region will soon be able to evolve—into Pokémon that inhabit the Johto region! Be on the lookout for new Evolution items at PokéStops, which you’ll need to evolve some Pokémon.
- New Encounter Gameplay: When you encounter Pokémon in the wild, don’t be surprised if they react in new ways as you’re trying to catch them. You’ll also notice the addition of new item carousels that allow you to select Berries and Poké Balls directly from the encounter screen. Hone your skills and catch those elusive Pokémon!
- New Berries: Pokémon enjoy eating Berries, and you’ll have the opportunity to get two new Berries by spinning the Photo Disc at PokéStops—Nanab Berries and Pinap Berries! Giving a Pokémon a Nanab Berry will slow its movements, making it easier to catch. The Pinap Berry doubles the amount of Candy you’ll receive if your next catch attempt succeeds.
- New Avatars and an Expanded Wardrobe: Now you’ll be able to give your avatar a complete upgrade! Customize your look with a whole new selection of hats, shirts, pants, and other items.
Catch the latest Pokemon GO news
Han: Twitter / MWEB GameZone: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube