As we predicted earlier this week, Pokémon GO trainers will indeed spread the love this Valentine's Day with a special event. Yesterday, Niantic detailed 2017's first in-game event which will include special bonuses, Candy catching perks, and, of course, increased spawn rates to catch pink Pokémon, to name but a few.
Pokémon GO Valentine's Day In-game Event
- Event period: 8-15 February
- Start time: 7:00 P.M. (GTM)
- End time: 7:00 P.M. (GTM)
- Candy: Double the amount of Candy when catching, hatching and transferring Pokémon
- Buddy Pokémon: Will find Candy at double the speed
- Pink Pokémon: Chansey, Clefable, Porygon will have increased spawn rates
- Other Pokémon: Not detailed for which but increased spawn rates
- Egg hatching: Cleffa, Igglybuff, and Smoochum will have a higher chance of hatching from Eggs
- Work together: Trainers can celebrate together by deploying Lure Modules that will attract Pokémon for six hours, as opposed to thirty minutes, for the duration of the event.
Source: Press release
Han: Twitter / MWEB GameZone: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube