Niantic released the latest statistics for Pokémon GO, and it's rather impressive. Keep in mind that Pokémon GO officially released six months ago on July 6, but only became available to specific countries over time, and that's why there's such a massive jump from the September to December stats. The stats below reflect the game as at 7 December 2016
- As at September 2016 trainers have walked 4.6 billion kilometers since July 2016
- As at 7 December 2016, trainers have walked more than 8.7 billion kilometers since launch
- That's a 4.1 billion km increase from September 2016
- 8.7 billion kilometers equals 200,000 trips around Earth
- Fun fact: A commercial jetliner would take more than 1,000 years to cover the same distance
- Trainers have caught 88 billion Pokémon along the way
- 88 billion total Pokémon caught equals about 533 million Pokémon a day
Well done to you, no wonder that study said "Playing Pokémon GO could increase your lifespan." Niantic also released a small update, which includes:
- The bug that caused incorrect vibration notifications has been fixed.
- Day and night modes have changed to more accurately reflect the Trainer’s current time of day.
- Minor text fixes
Source: Pokémon GO
Catch the latest Pokémon GO news