Rise of the Tomb Raider will arrive on PC on January 28th in glorious 4K resolution. According to the developer, Crystal Dynamics, the PC version also includes "stunning new detail" and Windows 10 support.
“The PC release of Rise of the Tomb Raider continues the positive momentum from our highly successful partnership and collaboration with Microsoft for the launch on Xbox One and Xbox 360,” said Scot Amos co-Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics.
“PC players are a passionate, devoted audience and we know they’ll embrace the version created for their systems,” said Ron Rosenberg, co-Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics.
The screenshots look amazing - if only PC gamers could actually afford rigs that can run 4K resolution.
You can download Rise of the Tomb Raider for PC via Steam, the Windows Store, Amazon, the Square Enix e-store and other major retailers. The Standard edition RRP is $59.99 R499). The Digital Deluxe edition is $89.99 (R818) and includes a Season Pass (separate price is R319) to nearly all current and future DLC. At the time of writing Rise of the Tomb Raider was not yet available for purchase at South African retailers. We will update the article when retailers list their price for the physical copy.
Let's take a look at the Collector's Edition.
You can purchase the Collector's Edition from the Square Enix e-store for $149.99.
- Includes the Digital Deluxe version of the game
- A 12-inch Lara Croft statue
- Replicas of Lara’s journal and jade necklace
- Steel case
Rise of the Tomb Raider
You can check out our review of the Xbox One version here. The TL;DR version is that Rise of the Tomb Raider is a must play.
"After uncovering an ancient mystery, Lara must explore the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia to find the secret of immortality before a ruthless organization known as Trinity. Lara must use her wits and survival skills, form new alliances, and ultimately embrace her destiny as the Tomb Raider. Experience high-octane action moments, conquer beautifully hostile environments, engage in brutal guerilla combat, and explore awe-inspiring deadly tombs in the evolution of survival action. In “Rise of the Tomb Raider,” Lara becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition."
PC Minimum Requirements
- OS: Windows 7 64bit
- Processor: Intel Core i3-2100 or AMD equivalent
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 650 2GB or AMD HD7770 2GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 25 GB available space
Rise of the Tomb Raider Key Features
- Lara’s Journey – Lara uncovers an ancient mystery that places her in the cross-hairs of a ruthless organization known as Trinity. As she races to find the secret before Trinity, the trail leads to a myth about the Lost City of Kitezh. Lara knows she must reach the Lost City and its hidden secrets before Trinity. With that, she sets out for Siberia on her first Tomb Raiding expedition.
- Woman vs. Wild – In “Rise of the Tomb Raider,” Lara battles with not only enemies from around the world, but the world itself. Hunt animals to craft weapons and scavenge for rare resources in densely populated ecosystems. You’ll encounter beautifully hostile environments, full of treacherous conditions and unstable landscapes that will require Lara to push her limits to the very edge.
- Guerilla Combat - Use the environment to your advantage, scale trees and dive underwater to avoid or takedown enemies, configure Lara’s gear, weapons, and ammo to suit your play style from stealth to guns blazing, craft explosives on the fly to sow chaos, and wield Lara’s signature combat bows and climbing axe.
- Return to Tomb Raiding – Tombs are back, and they’re bigger and better than ever. In “Rise of the Tomb Raider” you’ll explore huge, awe-inspiring ancient spaces littered with deadly traps, solve dramatic environmental puzzles, and decipher ancient texts to reveal crypts as you take on a world filled with secrets to discover.
Han: Twitter / MWEB GameZone: Twitter | Facebook