by Han Cilliers (Lola) Posted Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:50:00 AM
The Far Cry 3 map editor gives you the power to create your own virtual playground and share it with the community. Let’s take a look.
- Create a wide variety of worlds.
- Make the map your own by adding beautiful environments, such as caves and waterfalls.
- Introduce new dynamics to the gameplay.
Fill your map
- Create your map atmosphere with over 2 000 objects to scattered around.
- A selection of themes such as World War II and the Chinese tombs.
- Have an adventure all night long, or a sun bathed joy ride, your choice.
Publish your map
- Upload your map for the Far Cry 3 community to play and rate.
- Your creations can stand the chance to appear alongside the official maps.
Introducing the single player sandbox experience
- Populate your single player experience with a wide variety of elements.
- Choose the wildlife, vehicles, towns and AI to fill your world.
- Once you’ve created your own single player map, jump in and take the insanity on alone.
The Far Cry 3 map editor reminds me of the Team Fortress 2 (TF2) community maps. Valve ensured the longevity of TF2 by allowing players to create customs maps. Some of these maps have given players even better in game content than the official Valve maps. It’s a fantastic way to keep the community interested and involved in the game. I am quite excited to see what the Far Cry 3 community brings to the table.
There will be madness.
Han’s Twitter | Blog / MWEB Gamezone Twitter | Facebook
Share This Article
comments powered by