*THIS COMPETITION IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD AND IS NO LONGER ACTIVE*
Win a gift voucher for your Game of Your Choice
If you have your eye on that upcoming release and want / need a copy but do not have the cash to splash, here is a very simple way of possibly winning a voucher to buy a shiny new title of an available Game of your choice in just a few easy steps:
- Create a profile on the new MWEB GameZone page.
- Follow the steps to get your profile upgraded to level 3 so that you can submit your own videos and articles.
- Submit an original article to the GameZone site (this is your competition entry). This is important:
- The article with the most “hits” on the GameZone site shall be considered as the winnerand we will contact you in order to arrange the delivery of your prize.
- We have a 1 voucher to the value R600 to give away for the most popular news article every month. You can read the fine print below, but what you should be doing is levelling up your profile!
- You can read the fine print below, but what you should be doing is leveling up your profile!
A Winning Tip: Make sure you share your article with your friends on Twitter and Facebook to encourage them to vote for you!
Please note the following also:
MWEB STANDARD COMPETITION TERMS
- Please do not use copyrighted material or soundtracks or images in your article. If any video included in your article is taken down from YouTube for this reason, your article entry will no longer be eligible. Make sure you read YouTube's policy in this regard
- We want to say it again, because its important: ORIGINAL CONTENT. If you have taken the article or video included in it from someone else, you will not be eligible for the prize - you must be the author of the content and have the owners approval if not owned by you.
- Articles also need to be approved by the GameZone Team. If your article is approved and goes live on the Gamezone website it shall be deemed as a valid entry.
- You are allowed multiple entries, but you can only win one voucher, i.e. if you have more than one article submitted in the month, but should you be deemed as the winner you will only win 1 title for that month. You can however enter and win every month!
RULES for this GameZone “the write stuff” Competition
- Competition starts on the first day of every month and closes at 10am on the last business day of the month.
- The competition is open to the general public who resides in South Africa with a GameZone account as described in 5 below.
- Entrants must be over the age of 18.
- The following persons are excluded from this competition: (i) A director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant to MWEB or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by MWEB; and (ii) a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition and (iii) the spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members of the parties referred to in (i) and (ii).
- In order to enter the completion you need to have a complete gamer profile created on www.gamezone.co.za. Your profile needs to be a “level 3” (in order to reach level 3 all optional info in your profile needs to be completed, your profile active for longer than 24 hours and at least 10 comments made against other articles within the GameZone site). Your article must be in the form of a written article which may contain videos on www.gamezone.co.za and needs to be submitted by 10am on the last working day of the month. Your article needs to be approved by the GameZone Team. If your article is approved and goes live on the Gamezone website before midnight on the last working day of the month it shall be deemed as a valid entry.
- The following information must be included and verified in your GameZone profile in order to enter: Your full name and surname, and email address.
- Unlimited amounts of entries per individual will be allowed.
- All articles, duly completed, must be received by MWEB before the competition closing date and time, if not, such entry will not be eligible, regardless of the reason for the late receipt of the entry, including due to lost, late or misdirected mail; printing errors; server unavailability; or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction. All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, or illegible will be void.
9. The prize winner will be determined by the GameZone community. The original content written article with the most “hits” shall be determined as the winner on the first working day of the next month by 11am.
10. The winner will be announced on the first working day of the month in a newsletter on the GameZone website.
11. The winner will be notified by means of email provided to us within their profile as well as having their usernames published on the GameZone website by no later than 3PM on the first working day of every month and by entering, you consent that we may publish your user name aforesaid
12. We will contact a winner a minimum of three times each and if we are unable to contact and notify a winner, or should a winner not claim and collect the prize within 30 days of the date of notification, or if a prize is not handed over due to insufficient identity verification, the winner may forfeit the prize and MWEB reserves the right to award the prize to the next eligible winner under the same conditions.
13. You agree that we may publish your name on the GameZone website as well as the GameZone newsletter should you be one of the winners of our competition. We may also request you to participate in marketing activities but you may decline such invitation.
14. You may obtain a copy of the competition rules from our website or from Bradley Kirby in our Digital Department at MWEB’s offices in Cape Town on business days during working hours.
15. Unless we make alternative arrangements with the winner prior to collection of the prizes, the winner may collect the prizes from Bradley Kirby in our Digital Department at MWEB’s offices in Cape Town on business days during working hours by appointment.
16. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be converted to cash.
17. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control or us receiving less than 10 entries, we reserve the right to cancel this competition, or to change the rules at our discretion or to change the prize(s) at any time without notice to you.
18. Proof of identity will be required to collect a prize and we reserve the right to refuse payment or handing over of a prize to any potential winner who refuses to, or cannot provide sufficient documentation to verify their identity.
19. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. Income and other taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
21. You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
22. You must obtain and possess, at your cost and expense, whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
23. Each entrant agrees not to submit any entry that infringes any third party intellectual property rights, or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations, or otherwise violates applicable law and indemnifies MWEB against damages and any claims from third parties should the entrant breach this provision.
24. All entries become the property of MWEB and will not be acknowledged or returned.
25. No ‘automated’ entries or “Hits” will be allowed and all entries and “Hits” must be made by a natural person manually on the GameZone website.
26. If any entry has been made in any manner which in MWEB’s discretion may provide an entrant with an unfair advantage over other entrants, unless these rules specifically allow such conduct such entrant will be automatically disqualified from this and all future competitions run by MWEB.
27. We may require you to provide us with additional information as we may reasonably require in order to determine the winner and to process and to facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
A single winner every month will each be awarded the following prize:
Gift voucher to the value of R600.00
*THIS COMPETITION IS CURRENTLY ON HOLD AND IS NO LONGER ACTIVE*