by Han Cilliers (Lola) Posted Thursday, December 20, 2012 2:42:55 PM
Slender was one of my top games for 2012, its diabolical simplicity scared the living daylights out of me. I can honestly admit that I have never played a game that drove my mind into a state of fear and panic as Slender. I am not alone in my twisted fascination with the Slenderman, he is an internet legend, feared by all.
Blue Isle Studios and Mark Hadley, creator of the original Slender horror game decided to breath more life, or rather in this case, more horror into the Slenderman phenomenon. They are working on Slender the Arrival. Let’s take a look at what they have planned for us.
Slender the Arrival features
- The game will have a proper storyline, developed by Joseph DeLage, Troy Wagner and Tim Sutton, the creators of Marble Hornets.
- Players will do more than collect 8 pages, (which was the central theme in Slender).
- Players will be treated to unique and varied gameplay with different levels of terror.
- There will be more game time and content than Slender.
- Slender the Arrival will also use the Unity engine.
- The entire game was re-written from scratch. This means the new game will not only look better, but it will also run smoother on a wide range of machines.
- The business model will not be free-to-play; the estimated cost will be under R170.
- Slender the Arrival is planned for release early 2013 for PC, a PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 version is also in the works.
Take a look at the latest screenshots, taken directly from the game.
A huge portion of Slender’s success can be attributed to its simplicity. It resembled the games’ pure, raw horror. I cannot help but wonder if Slender the Arrival, with its pumped up graphics, levels and storyline will take away from the dread of the experience, rather than adding to it. What do you think?
Source: Slender the Arrival Official Homepage
Han’s Twitter | Blog / MWEB Gamezone Twitter | Facebook
Other News from Around the 'Net:
Share This Article
comments powered by